Stainless steel mesh at facade of the Murray & Roberts main building and the parkade
Murray & Roberts
The main reason mesh was chosen as a facade medium was that it would be fairly easy to install on an existing building without the use of scaffolding. As the building is 9 stories high, scaffolding would have come at a huge cost and risk factor and GKD could install the mesh using rope access.
- System: Facade Cladding for Refurbishment of the original building
- Mesh: Omega 1520 (main building) / Omega 1740 (parkade)
- Fastening solution: Woven in round bar top, intermediate and bottom with a spring tensioning system on brackets.
- Colours + surfaces: Stainless Steel
- Type of building: Head Office for a Major Construction Company in South Africa
- Region/City: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- Architect: Boogertman + Partners Johannesburg, Piet Boer